www.keepmeposteduk.com is the website of the Keep Me Posted campaign (the Campaign), supported by Royal Mail Group Limited and our partners. This website is owned and operated by Royal Mail Group Limited.
Royal Mail Group is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. Royal Mail Group’s privacy notice explains how we collect and use your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights. You can view the Royal Mail Group privacy notice here:
Personal data used by the Keep Me Posted campaign
We may collect the following types of information about you:
Your name, your email address and other contact details that you provide to us from time to time.
Your use of our websites (please see the section below headed “Cookies”).
Information that you provide when filling in forms on our website or when you contact us directly.
The Campaign uses personal data to provide you with updates; to keep in touch with you about the Campaign in accordance with your preferences and; to raise awareness of the Campaign. The Campaign will only use personal data where there is a lawful basis for doing so. The Campaign has a legitimate interest in promoting the goals of the Campaign and raising awareness of its activities.
Personal data is also used to enhance or improve your experience on our website and/or with us generally. The Campaign has legitimate interest in providing an effective user experience in order to support its goals and objectives.
Who sees your information?
The information we collect will be used by us.
Occasionally we'll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside the Royal Mail group. We may do this for the following reasons:
To protect the Royal Mail group or others. We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets and if this happens we may disclose your information to the potential seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We will only deal with third parties that we trust to act in your best interests and who treat your information with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves.
Where do we store and process your information
Generally we will store and process your information within the UK. We will not transfer your data to any destination outside of the European Economic Area.
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information depends on the context in which you provided it and the purposes for which we use it. We will only retain information for as long as is necessary for such purposes. In particular:
We will keep your information that we need to provide you with updates about the Campaign for the duration of the Campaign or until you decide to opt-out of receiving such updates.
We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law or to protect our own or other persons’ interests.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing itRequest the transfer of personal data, where it was provided to us by you, to another party.
If you want to access, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your data to another party, please contact us using the details below.
You can opt out of receiving updates about the Campaign at any time by contacting us using the details below:
Telephone: 07483 129 637
Keep Me Posted
PO Box 72064
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to the hard drive of your computer when you use a website.
Links to other sites
Our website includes links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we're not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or the services they offer.
How to complain
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal information is being handled by any Royal Mail group company you can complain to the Information Commissioner at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Notification of changes
Last updated: 23rd May 2018