Keep Me Posted is a partnership of representatives from charities, interest groups and business. We’ve come together as we believe that we have a responsibility to fight for the consumer’s right to choose.
We believe that it is every consumer’s right to choose, without disadvantage, how they are contacted by banks and other financial service companies, utility companies, media companies and other service providers. Increasingly businesses are restricting access to paper bills and statements and denying their customers an informed choice. Independent research demonstrates that 81% of adults want to choose how they receive important information such as bills and statements.
This issue affects everyone, and particularly the vulnerable in our society. Independent research reveals that the people who often have the greatest need for paper statements and bills are the older generation, those that are disabled, and those that lack access to the internet or lack basic digital skills.
- To ensure all consumers are given the choice in how they receive their bills and statements by major organisations
- To ensure that customers do not face a financial penalty as a result of choosing to receive paper bills or statements
- To ensure that Government, regulators and companies recognise the need for consumer choice and act to promote choice in this area
The Campaign's Asks
We're calling on service providers to:
- Sign our six-point pledge
- Give customers a choice of free regular paper bills and statements
We're calling on Government and regulators to:
- Act to promote the need for consumer choice through clearer regulation
We believe that it is every consumer's right to choose, without disadvantage, how they are contacted by banks and other financial service companies, utility companies, media companies and other service providers"